I saw this little video this morning and got SO excited it’s unreal. single-syn pancakes? How is that possible? Well, it is – I swear! These little beauties use no flour at all and, in fact, only use three ingredients all together.
P = Protein – eat as much of this as you like
F = Free – eat as much of this as you like
# = A number indicated how many syns are allocated to this food
- 1 banana (mashed) (4 syns per 100g)
- 2 eggs (beaten) (P)
- pinch of cinnamon (F)
- Mash the banana
- Beat in the two eggs
- Stir in a pinch of cinnamon
- Drop the mixture in a non-stick pan to fry (you can use a little low-calorie spray oil if you need to) – around 3 tbsp per pancake
- When the underside is golden, flip the pancake over and cook the other side
- Serve up with whatever topping you fancy – some speed fruit like raspberries and strawberries would be awesome, and if you’re feeling really decadent, you could always syn a little light squirty cream or maple syrup. If you’re not feeling indulgent, then a little syn-free yoghurt would be equally delicious.
I gave them a try today for brunch… What did I think of them?
Well, I found them very soft, but very enjoyable, and my youngest son (who is 19 months old) also seemed to like them. I served them with strawberries and raspberries, and just a little light squirty cream, and found it a very tasty, light brunch. This could well become a regular breakfast or dessert for me!