This is one of those deliciously sticky, sweet, spicy ideas that’s great for those moments when you’re craving a take away but don’t want to blow your syns out the window. It’s absolutely gorgeous and very versatile.
F = Free food (eat as much as you like)
P = Protein free food (eat as much of these as you like!)
# = a number denotes roughly how many syns are in foods used
- Raw chicken (breast or thigh, with all skin and visible fat removed) (P)
- 1 tbsp honey (2.5)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce (F)
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes (F)
- low-cal spray oil (optional) (F)
- Mix together the honey, soy sauce and chilli flakes.
- Coat the chicken in the sauce and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- In a non-stick pan, cook over a medium heat, using a little low-cal spray oil if required, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is thick and sticky on the meat.
- Serve with whatever vegetables you fancy.
I served mine with steamed potatoes and veg, but this is especially good on skewers with chunks of peppers, courgette, and mushrooms, and cooked on the BBQ, served with cous cous and salad.
You could also substitute the chicken with turkey, pork or beef – all are delicious!