Everyone loves chips. Am I right? I could eat them all day. Especially when I’m feeling a bit hormonal, which I am this week. So I had chips – Slimming World style, of course.
But I wanted something with a bit more kick, so I made Cajun fries. They’re still syn-free, but add a little somethin’-somethin’ that will make your taste buds thank you.
F = Free food (eat as much as you like)
S = Speed food (these should make up at least a third of your meal)
P = Protein free food (eat as much of these as you like!)
HEa = Healthy Extra A (a daily allowance of dairy produce)
HEb = Healthy Extra B (a daily allowance of a product with fibre)
# = a number denotes roughly how many syns are in foods used
- Large floury potatoes, e.g. Maris Piper or King Edward (F)
- Cajun spice mix (F)
- Fry Light chilli-infused low-cal spray oil (F)
- Wash or peel your potatoes, and cut into chunky chips.
- Par-boil or steam for ten minutes.
- Drain and set aside to dry for a few minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- Spray an oven tray with the oil, then lay the chips on the tray. Spritz the chips with a little more oil, then sprinkle the spice on top.
- Pop them in the oven for 25-30 minutes, till golden.
These would also work with chilli powder for chilli fries, or any other spice you fancy. Or maybe you’d like some garlic and herb chips? Just use the garlic-infused Fry Light and sprinkle mixed herbs on top!
Crisp om the outside, and fluffy on the inside – these fit the bill any day of the week!